Thoughts and such

Monday, August 15, 2005

Religion is a funny thing, or is it? For as long as there have been people to argue about who's right and who's wrong, they've been doing it. Every major civilization in history has had some main form of religion. My question to them, and to all of you none pagans, is why? How can you "believe" that there is a higher life form watching over us? Is it the fact that you don't want to believe that you're the highest ranking being? Is it reason gone wacko? Or is it because nothing else makes sense? Or, my personal favorite, because you've been told it since you were born. Most of you that is. I guess my main problem, is understanding belief. How people can spend entire lives reaching for the goals in this book, just because they believe. I have yet to find any personal proof that there is in fact, a god. Then again, even if there was, would he come have tea with me anyway? The other thing about religion, everyone thinks they're right! Remember when all that exploring the world stuff was going on, and all of the catholics were enlightening the savages?
I support what the bible teaches, but not how it does it. I suppose that people back then didn't quite have the amazing intellect we do now possess, so isn't it possible that this "book" was developed by some form of government, or elders perhaps? That they only made this book to control the chaos of their societies? Pretend you're back a couple millenia, if I told you, that raping and murder and theft would cause you ultimate torture, wouldn't you believe it? And that all you had to do was believe in this spirit, and live a clean life, and that after this life, you would mystically drift into a perfect place?
By no means is this little blog supposed to denounce the bible, or encourage everyone to go out and rape eachother, just to put a little thought into it.

I did spell possess wrong!

2 Comments:

  • Such amazing inellect, and you spelled possess wrong. HA!

    By Blogger Olner Paper Presenter, at 6:05 PM  

  • About the bible....the books you would find in the Bible today were chosen by some king (i forget which one) a long time ago. They're supposed to be eyewitness accounts, but we'll never know if they really are or if the king just picked the ones he wanted. That's all I know about that, don't quote me, I know very little on the subject. I thought that might help you a little. Oh, you should read The Da Vinci Code.

    By Blogger CarlyJoAugs, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home