Thoughts and such

Friday, September 16, 2005

A man once said, "after all, we are only human." I'd like to borrow your mind for a moment, and give you something to think about. The Homo Sapien. We are without a doubt, the most amazing thing on this planet. We, are not gifted with extraordinary strength, we do not have a superb sense of smell, nor are we furry. But we do have something, reason. We needn't be strong, we have hydraulics. We needn't amazing smelling abilities, we have other senses. We also don't need fur. Whatever you believe in, God or whomever, did not give us fur, because we have heaters. A dumb statement you're likely thinking. We are able to evolve everyday. Only in a different way. Some animals get smaller, some get bigger. We get smarter. Now, saying, "only human", does not do us justice. We are the shapers and shifters or earth. We have the ability to make eachother feel as if we were number 1, and the ability to make us desire nothing more than death. We have religion, ever seen a goat bow his head and pray?

Now, for my secondary, yet primary point. I myself, belong to this group of creatures. Everyday, something bad happens, and I continue on. I have been nothing but frowns a few days now, and it's over. Being so much evolved, "or developed for you bible thumpers", I am able to think to myself, "wow, life is shitty, this isnt even worth it." Now, I think. People of the same matter of me, have scaled mountains, have controlled entire countries, and have cured dieseases. We all have a great purpose in life, whether it is to meet and encourage the next Nobel Prize winner, or set off an atomic bomb. My purpose, isn't yet seen. I lack reasons to be happy, but I will be. I am after all, only human. Only able to move mountains, shape the earth, and stop an epidemic. I am only able to do as I please, and please as I do. I'm the man you will remember. I'm no god, no savior, but I am me. I am able to accomplish any goal. I am unstoppable. I am the vest between a bullet and a man. I am nature. I am time. Now, all our little problems seem so big. But a problem, isn't really a problem. Everything we overcome, every wrong we right, we prove we are that much more human. We prove, we are the dominant species. I won't throw in the towel, I will not stop the race, and I will never, put my fists down. As long as there is a breath in my body, and blood in my veins, I will not cease. As I said, I am only one man, but I am THE man. So you, reading this, be my blood and my air. Do whatever it is you do, and do as damn well as you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home