Thoughts and such

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Alright, since someone has inquired about Wal-Mart, I'll share what I know. I'm pretty sure I mentioned plenty of it in previous posts though. Anywho, Wal-Mart is an evil whore, much similar to someone who shall be unnamed, but most of you will guess. My beef with Wal-Mart isn't so much the fact that they put other businesses, namely mom and pop stores, out of business on a daily basis, it's that, for one, they are liars. They are liars in the sense that they sell you name-brand products, that aren't name brand. The entire reason for establishing a name brand is so that people will associate that name with a certain standard, or quality. For instance, Jeeps are well known for being long-lasting, dependable, god-like vehicles. This is because, they have proven themselves through-out the years, with such things as WWII and whatnot. Moving on, they cost a bit more, but are worth it to most consumers. Now, what Wal-Mart does, is make manufacturers go against their quality standards. Kind of like if Jeep took Honda's and put Jeep stickers on them. You're getting a shitty Honda, not a Jeep. So, when you go into Wal-Mart and see a pair of Levi jeans, they aren't Levi. They're (insert shitty jean brand name here) jeans, but a little bit cheaper. This is flat out lying to a consumer. You know that HP computer that they sell at Wal-Mart? IT'S REFURBISHED AND HAS NO POSSIBILITY FOR EXPANSION. That's right, it isn't HP. HP builds a quality computer for a reasonable price. Wal-Mart sells HP's that are of the "W" class. For instance, an HP335w. This computer was rebuilt from a piece of shit, branded with HP, and put on a shelf for a knowledgeless (sp?) consumer to purchase. Now, for the argument that Wal-Mart can't make a company do anything. First off, fuck you. Secondly, mind if I let a drug dealer move into your basement? It's alright, he can't MAKE you do anything, can he? Next, Wal-Mart breaks the law on a daily basis. Such things as cheating employees from wages, violating environmental acts (the meaningful ones, not the radical extremist crazy ones), and other various things. Now, almost everything I've said, and more is all over the internet. Just go ahead and google it, you'll find more than you ever wanted to know. There are documentaries, essays, and real-life stories. My own theory, which isn't much of a theory, more like what's actually happening, cannot to my knowledge be found on the internet. My "theory" is that Wal-Mart is lowering the standard of living in the U.S. and even in China. Being that Wal-Mart is in its finest form a pipeline for Chinese manufacturers to U.S. consumers. They support the production of cheap shit from China, which promotes companies hiring children making $0.14 an hour, and working 70 some hours a week. Back to the theory. The average Wal-Mart employee makes $4,000 less than the poverty level for an american citizen, that's full time mind you. Now keeping in mind that somewhere of about %80 of employees are full-time, and in that poverty range, that's a scary thought. The details go on and on, please look into on your own. I implore you to do your own research, please please do so. If and when you decide you are against Wal-Mart, come talk to me, in person, and perhaps, when I get enough people, I love commas, especially misused ones, I think this might be hard to follow, it must be, we'll do something about it.
On a different note, some of you may find this fact interesting. Just recently ExxonMobil, (Exxon and Mobil are the same fucking company), moved up to number one in the "Fortune 500's most shareholders" list, making Wal-Mart second. Wal-Marts transports 99% of goods, (already in America), by trucking. The semi's that use gas that is sold by ExxonMobil. I just thought that was a tasty tidbit, considering EVERYTHING coming to Wal-Mart store was once in Arkansas.....that's a long drive ain't it?
Welcome to my world.

3 Comments:

  • Only you can stop them, fight the temptation. And you have to do like, 30 hail mary's. Not on NCAA '06 either.

    By Blogger The One and Possibly Only, at 8:07 PM  

  • Wal-Mart "is a scum-sucking road whore". That is a quote from the movie Mean Girls, except I replaced "Regina George" with "Wal-Mart." I am in a moral dilemma because, while I despise what they are doing, I still shop there. I shop there a lot because I don't have money, and when I do, it is in very small amounts. What can we do about it? I can't boycott it. First, I'm too poor. And second, I'm not passionate enough to sacrifice my cheap-o makeup and food that I buy.

    By Blogger CarlyJoAugs, at 8:46 PM  

  • Is that a picture of Kelcee in Wal-Mart?

    By Blogger CarlyJoAugs, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home