Thoughts and such

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wazzup?!?!

My ears really aren't feeling any better, in fact, I know have an infection in my right ear too!

At least I don't have a third ear to become infected...


So, I washed my motorcycle today, not an overly thorough wash, but a good one. She seemed to appreciate it, though she hasn't been started in far too long. Perhaps I'll fire the ol' (2007) thing up today and go for a ride.


I do believe I'm going to end up selling my Jeep however, just isn't practical for me anymore. I'm putting it for sale at $5,000 if any of my blog reader's are interested. It's a rather unfair deal for me, but it'll make someone very happy. The price and the Jeep.

I'd go through all the magical times I've had with my Jeep...but some of them weren't legal, aren't blog appropriate, might embarrass people, or are just things I don't want to share.

Two general favorite Jeep memories to share though, vague enough for memories.

1.) The Jeep smell. The smell of the soft-top, after it's rained, and heated up a little, and cooled down. Just that smell of absolute agelessness. That smell that has taken a military career and decades as a civilian vehicle to perfect. The smell of doing whatever the hell you want to whenever the hell you want. The smell of mud, ice, snow, pavement, dirt, gravel, rubber, concrete....all of it.

2.) Driving in the snow. It's just too damn fun. A particular instance of it being me driving around the back of the mall parking lot, I believe it was a level 2 snow emergency. There was snow up over the axels, but that little Jeep just plain didn't wanna stop moving.



This brings me into a whole new awesome blog topic.

The bond between man and machine.


The bond between a man (or I guess woman) and his machine is a beautiful thing, even moreso with a car/motorcycle. I think it's lost with newer, "fancier" cars. The clutch, the gas, the brake, the steering-wheel, and the shifter. Absolute control over your vehicle. It's you, absolutely everything about you in a bigger, 4-wheel (or 2), headlighted, windshielded, doored, windowed, possibly sunroofed form. A car isn't just a car, it's whatever you want it to be. It can be just a mode of transportation, true, but it really isn't supposed to be. Cars are meant to be spoken to. "Goodmorning there handsome, sleep well?," you should say to that hopefully shiny thing sitting in the drive way. It'll vroom back when you start it up, clear its throat, adjust itself after a night of sleep as we all do, and be ready to go. A car will protect you from more than you'll ever imagine, with absolute thanklessness. You can run the damn thing into a brickwall, and it'll swallow its own engine, and throw a pillow out in front of your head, just to make you more comfortable. It has complete and absolute trust in you, even if it's your first time ever driving. He's not going to ask to see a license and insurance, he'll just trust you. If you think you can pass someone before a semi comes, he'll trust you. He's not going to say, "You know what, we'd better wait until that other car turns or something." He'll just give it all he's got, throw all the gas and air into those cylinders that he can, and let you call the shots.

Cars are a beautiful, wonderful, awesome thing.


Now I feel as if I've shared a little bit of passion with you, do the same, and don't drive like a fucking idiot. That includes driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or stupid people in the car.


Peace.

1 Comments:

  • I've been meaning to say, I loved this post

    very very close to my heart because I love my car[s] too... all the ones I've driven.

    I kiss them too. to apologise for bad driving/ bad roads/ bad temper.

    By Blogger H, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home